Friday, July 31, 2009

False start

This was supposed to be Day 1 of my trip... turns out it is Day 0. Who knew that putting 900 lbs of stuff on a train and god-knows-how-much-else in the car would take more than one day?? (Rhetorical question. Somebody probably knew that, but I sure didn't.)

Having said all my final goodbyes, it's a little embarrassing to still be here. I'm already formulating the soundtrack for this trip:

1. A Fond Farewell - Elliott Smith
2. Steven's Last Night in Town - Ben Folds Five

And as a secret track at the beginning of the album:
Should I Stay or Should I Go - The Clash

3 comments:

  1. FRIST!!!1!!

    Lolz :). I just wanted 2 mak ur site liek da rest of da Intarwebz. FTW?

    Michael Buble - do you like him? - might have some appropriate songs for your trip, like (hopefully) The Best Is Yet to Come and (hopefully not) Lost.

    I'm very excited to follow along with your captain's log!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about Joules flight??!!
    Chamberlin Family~Greenville, SC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are enjoying yourself...Hope you are having safe travels.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!